Ordering Livestock for Courier Delivery
Livestock shipping status update: The next livestock dispatch dates available are from Wednesday 28th July.
Livestock delivery is currently £34.95 per box. Standard cost is normally £39.95 but we are currently absorbing the cost of the polystyrene box. The price is due to a steep increase in the cost imposed by the courier - we make no profit from the shipping cost, in fact it doesn't quite cover our costs.
Wharf Aquatics has been supplying quality fish to fishkeepers and hobbyists for more than thirty years. We make the health of our fish our top priority and will only supply stock that we believe to be in good condition and fit for shipping.
We would much rather meet you in person, so that you can enjoy browsing our full stock, but we realise it is not always possible for some customers to visit the shop premises in person, and for this reason we decided to make our wide range of quality fish and inverts available for courier delivery.
Shipping livestock does raise important issues in relation to animal welfare, so our procedures are designed to make sure everything goes smoothly. To assist us with this, we will need certain commitments from you, in particular that you:
- will be present to receive the livestock on the agreed delivery day
- have read our full terms and conditions for livestock delivery, available here
- can supply a valid email address and contact number for courier notifications and in case of any issue with delivery.
Placing an order
If you wish to place an order for livestock delivery:
- Please contact us to discuss what you would like to order. This can be by phone initially, but we will still need to sort the details in written form, either by email or Facebook, so this is the preferred method of contact.
- Please supply the delivery address, along with a valid email address and contact number.
- Agree a delivery date - we can ship your order to arrive with you on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- Once the order has been finalised, payment can be made by bank transfer, PayPal, or by card over the phone.
- We would advise contacting us well in advance of your preferred shipping day initially, as due to the preparation and careful packing required, we cannot process orders "last minute" before shipping deadlines.
To initiate an order, please contact us by email ( email@example.com ) or via Facebook.